CardBoard Live updates – February 2019Dear fans of CardBoard Live, Happy February! I’m James Hsu, co-founder and CTO of CardBoard Live. My business partner Wilson Hunter and I have some exciting announcements to share with you this month. In case you missed it, last month’s updates are here. We believe that a blog is an excellent, evergreen way to consistently share information. Please give us feedback on how we can improve within this format. Let’s keep the conversation flowing.
The new cardboard_live chatbotStarting this month, a cardboard_live chatbot will join all Twitch channels with the CardBoard Live extension installed. The chatbot allows you, the viewer, to do the following:
- Type “!decklist [player name]” to have the chatbot whisper the on-screen decklist to you.
- Type “!card [any Magic card]” to have the chatbot whisper the Magic card information to you.
Introducing stream monetization! Buy cards on-stream and support your favorite streamerWe are giving CardBoard Live streamers the ability to offer card sales directly on their Twitch channel. We have partnered with our friends at Card Kingdom to offer sales through their incredible selection of Magic singles. This program is currently in Limited Beta status and is open to a handful of streamers, via invites. Scroll down to the next section to see the streamer list — and give them a follow, too! 🙂 What exactly does this mean for you, the streamer?
- Viewers can buy cards from your CardBoard Live decklist, via a special affiliate link generated by the extension.
- Purchases made through your channel will generate commissions — directly going into YOUR pocket.
- Get creative — encourage viewers to support your stream while fulfilling their card purchasing needs — a win-win situation.
- Let us know your feedback — the growing interaction between you and your audience is only beginning. We would love to develop new interaction models with YOUR suggestions.
- Interested in joining the Beta? Contact us.
- This is a direct way to scratch your Magic card-buying itch AND support your favorite streamer at the same time.
- Your purchases will help them earn commissions and support their craft.
- We want to work with you to set this up! The affiliate links can be customized for streamers to toggle between different retailers, and we want YOUR store to be an option.
- This is a great way for you to support your favorite streamers, as well as monetize your own event streams.
- Interested in working with CardBoard Live? Contact us.
Current CardBoard Live streamers using stream monetization100% amazing streams. Give them a follow! https://www.twitch.tv/anzi104 https://www.twitch.tv/Ark4n11 https://www.twitch.tv/bob12528 https://www.twitch.tv/cyruscg https://www.twitch.tv/deathandtaxesftw https://www.twitch.tv/ItsJulian https://www.twitch.tv/jarvisyu https://www.twitch.tv/mtgtheepicstorm https://www.twitch.tv/thedeliciouswaffles https://www.twitch.tv/WyattDarbyMTG
Community feedbackOur Star City Games partnership continues to draw attention from the community. Here are some tweets from the recent #SCGBALT (Baltimore) and #SCGDFW (Dallas) events.
How do I run my Magic stream with CardBoard Live?Are you streaming Magic on Twitch? You can set up CardBoard Live for any Magic stream — whether it is Arena, Magic Online, or paper Magic. Just search for “CardBoard Live” via the Twitch extension store and install us. Be up and running in five minutes or less. Questions or tech support? Hit me up: email@example.com
Who is behind CardBoard Live?
- Wilson Hunter and James Hsu are the co-founders of CardBoard Live. Our goal is to revolutionize the way people interact with card and board games online. Games…like Magic: The Gathering!
- Wilson is a professional Magic player and content creator, while James is a less-proficient but equally passionate Magic player 🙂 James is also a published author and creator of the Humans of Magic podcast.
- To learn more about the CardBoard Live vision, check out this pitch video.